Friday, October 24, 2008

I get lucky sometimes


Last November, I almost went to work for Alpha Bank & Trust, a new bank in Alpharetta. I was within one step of getting the job, with a big bump from where I was at Bank of America, when it fell through on some technicalities.

Well, I guess in the long run I ended up on the better end of the deal, because Alpha Bank & Trust was seized by the FDIC today, and all of its assets were transferred to Stearns Bank in Minnesota.

Yep, I would have been laid off today due to a bank failure if I had ended up in that job (which I really was looking forward to), with less than a year of service.

Sometimes, I guess things do work out after all! I do feel bad for them, though, but at the same time I can't help but feel extremely lucky somehow that things went the way they did.

No comments: