Monday, October 06, 2008

Time warp in escalation

Not quite sure how this happened, but in trying to navigate Kennesaw Mountain, I went up in 23:40...and came down in 15:40.

Considering it's not really a long distance, that's a bit of a surprising gap.

The scary thins is that the gap would have been larger had I not almost been run over by three deer who decided to shoot across the path a little bit in front of me. That always tends to provoke a WTF??????? type of reaction.

It's the first time I've done Kennesaw in a long time, so at least I have a benchmark to improve from leading up to the walk in a few weeks (and yes, this is where I add the link for the Making Strides against Breast Cancer Walk on October 25, and thanks to some of you who have already donated - I really appreciate it!)

Now if I can just keep dropping more than 4-5 pounds by then, we'll be in better shape. Literally. Today, I'm just glad I didn't double over with a stitch.

1 comment:

kurokitty said...

Deer=Nature's suicide bomber.