Monday, October 27, 2008

Successful Making Strides Walk


On Saturday, over 12,000 people showed up at Atlantic Station to participate in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. The event started at 9 AM - and naturally, I rolled into the parking deck at around 8:57 AM, but thankfully was still able to glide through the walk pretty easily.

Emerson had a team of about 15 people (including myself) participating in the event. Bank of America was also one of the primary sponsors, and I saw an old coworker at the walk to catch up a bit on old times and how things were going, and I'm glad volunteer efforts are still going strong even after I left.
Karyn Greer of NBC 11Alive and Scott Slade of WSB Radio were also on hand for the event.

The Emerson team had set a team goal of $2,500 for the event. I'm glad to say that with your help, we actually raised over $3,000 for the event. While our personal goal levels don't show it, we did have a lot of team gifts that raised the total above our cumulative goal.

Overall, the 12,000 participants raised over $900,000 for breast cancer research.

This is my thanks to you for helping and donating - we all really appreciate it. Of course, if you did not get the chance to donate, but would still like to, you may still click here to donate online to the American Cancer Society.

No comments: