Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ending Runaround

A schedule was released on Monday for the Spring 2009 semester at Georgia State, and I need to take four classes in order to graduate in May.

Being the anal-retentive fellow that I am, I quickly put together a matrix so I could set the 40 possible classes against each other to see what might work best.

I'm trying to keep some rules in place:

  • Only 2 nights of classes per week.
  • Each night will have two classes.
  • No huffing across campus between classes or driving across town between classes.
  • Avoid if possible doing consecutive nights of classes.
  • Avoid as much American Idol as possible.

I need to take the MBA Capstone class, one Computer/Information Systems class, and any two electives, so I have some wiggle room.

The first schedule I've managed to come up with which meets most of these conditions and involves classes that actually interest me allows for two classes each on Monday night and Thursday night. This would mean very little travel conflicts and night where I need a sitter, and it would be spaced out enough that I could actually study without having to stay up until 2:30 in the morning.

At least, it meets four of the five conditions. As for the fifth - well, I'd get a full dose of AI, which can be harmful to your health.

I've still got some work to do on this.

No comments: