Sunday, November 26, 2006

Being Thankful

I'm thankful for many things.

Right now, I'm thankful for one thing in particular.

I'm thankful that the little team from South Bend, Indiana got its ASS kicked tonight at the Rose Bowl.

I'll be even more thankful if the USC Condoms lose next week to UCLA, because I don't like USC either.

I'm thankful that, even in the middle of a crappy season, Georgia still beat Georgia Tech despite Tech probably winning the ACC. Six in a row for the Bulldogs over Tech.

I'm thankful that the Big East and Big 12 won't be represented in the BCS Championship.

I'm thankful that a mid-major team like Boise State will be in a BCS game, after years of success and shunning.

I'm thankful that Notre Dame's loss today may open a spot for another SEC team, either LSU or the SEC championship loser. I'd love to see Notre Dame relegated to a non-BCS game after spankings by USC and Michigan. (As for the title game, Michigan already had their shot and lost. If USC and Florida both lose next week, then fine. Otherwise, no.)

But above everything else, I'm thankful the Florida State's loss means a .500 season and probably a bowl appearance in Boise or Seattle or Shreveport or some other far-flung locale, but that's it. That is enough to overcome even seeing Oklahoma in a BCS game. It just warms the cockles of my heart. Last year, Tennessee misery. This year, FSU misery.

So, I'm happy.

No comments: