Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The car saga continues

Over the weekend, the car I've had for seven years spit the bit.

At 202,000 miles, while going on 285 at Powers Ferry, it shut down entirely. Kim was driving it with Alex & Maggie when it just shut down. No engine power.

After getting it towed by AAA and getting back here, we went into work while mechanics attempted to figure it out. Unfortunately, we got the word today that the engine has pretty much blown out.

Given the engine's busted state, along with an old radiator with a leak and an aging transmission, it's going to make for some very interesting decisions.

I'm mostly sad about it right now without thinking about next steps. I guess it's first car feelings and such, but it's given a lot over the years, going from New York to Key West to Louisiana, Texas, Indiana, Kentucky, and a whole host of other places.

It's done well.

What next - I don't know.

1 comment:

Jeff Briscoe said...

Sorry to hear about the car. I know you must have been prepared for this in the back of your mind but you probably wanted to keep that thought right there in the back of your mind. Not the side of the highway! That car also took me on 2 fun roadtrips to both NY and DC. Good memories. At least it made it to 200,000. Served you well. Anyway, keep me posted.