Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Considering how much I had been posting lately, I'm surprised I went several days without making much of a post.


Yesterday was Father's Day, and it was definitely alot of fun.


Ever since I cam edown here, I've wanted to go to a certain restaurant. On Sunday, as part of celebrating Father's Day, we went to Fogo de Chao for lunch, and it was fabulous. We all feasted on the meat which came flying at us from all directions, and it all tasted phenomenal. As an added bonus, when we left, I got a card for a free lunch sometime this summer - so I think we will definitely take advantage of this again.


After eating to our hearts' content and getting a case of the meat sweats, we all went home for meat-induced naps before the second part of the day. Sammie did not even make it home - she fell asleep in the car on the way back - but when we got home, she just passed out while cuddling with me on the couch.
Mmmm.....meat coma.

After naptime, we went to see Kung Fu Panda, as we had promised Alex we would go to see it. It was also Sammie's first movie. If you are worried about taking really, really young children to the movies (or on an airplane, or some other confined space for a long time) food will be your best friend. In our case, a giant tub of popcorn.

The kids liked the movie a lot, though Sammie preferred to sit on the steps and munch popcorn than sit in her seat. Towards the end, Alex sat with her - which was ridiculously cute.
All in all, a good family outing, and a fun day.

No comments: