Sunday, January 07, 2007

Anatomy of a hand

Perhaps this is a good sign for Tunica.

.10/.25 PL table. I'm playing small levels right now to limit my flux before hitting the road. The hand before this, I laid down a flush after sensing I got beat, saving a lot of $$. This time? The mighty hammer........7-2 offsuit.

The worst hand in poker.

Since I was the small blind and only one other caller, I just called the big blind for another 0.15. The players have been easily readable to this point so I might be able to bluff them off too.

Then, this:

HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to francase13 [7d 2s]
C8W8K8: folds
shoganai: folds
hereselmo1: folds
slappycat: calls $0.25
francase13: calls $0.15
WONKAVISION7: checks
*** FLOP *** [Jd 5s 7c] (I hit middle pair, on a crap flop, so I'll bet small to see where I stand)
francase13: bets $0.50
WONKAVISION7: folds
slappycat: calls $0.50*** (probably has the jack. I'm thinking jack. He would have folded if he just had overcards)
TURN *** [Jd 5s 7c] [7h] (now have trip 7's, so I'll try to see what I can extract)
francase13: bets $1
slappycat: calls $1 (That works)
*** RIVER *** [Jd 5s 7c 7h] [2h] (I just made a full house with the absolute worst hand in poker. Jacks up might be hard to lay down so a value bet might work well here. Putting me on this hand is not possible.)
francase13: bets $3 (not quite pot value)
slappycat: calls $3 (Woo hoo!)
*** SHOW DOWN ***francase13: shows [7d 2s] (a full house, Sevens full of Deuces)
slappycat: mucks hand
francase13 collected $9.30 from pot

Hand history courtesy of PokerStars.

As always, click the banner on the side to sign up for any site and for a referral bonus for yours truly.

No comments: