Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dimmed

I had been planning a fun trip where the kids would get to see a whole bunch of the country for Christmas, and see some parts of the family that they had not yet met, for a somewhat relaxing vacation after an extremely turbulent 2008.

Well, apparently 2008 is not yet done screwing over everyone we know.

My sister (who I've written about before) was rushed to the hospital last night with some severe blood problems, possibly relating to the round of chemotherapy she been taking ever since being re-diagnosed as Stage 4 of IBC. I'm not sure if it's the chemo or the cancer, but one of the nasty little buggers put her in the hospital last night.

I am heading out as soon as I finish packing to New York, and I'm hoping to get there as quickly as possible because, well, I'm not really sure what will happen next.

Obviously, this site will be dark for the next couple of days, as I make a mad rush up north. Let's hope she gets a good Christmas present, and in the meantime say a little prayer for her as well as for my niece and nephew who I know must also be struggling a lot right now.

Let's hope the next post I write will have some better news.

1 comment:

lightning36 said...

Sending some prayers and good thoughts in your sister's direction.