Monday, December 22, 2008

Car conversations with mini-me, Part 845

Sometimes, punishment doesn't work out very well.


Friday night, on the way back from a little clothes shopping for winter, I'm trying to get the kids to stop yelling at each other about a toy. Sammie stops, but Alex keeps on acting wild.


I tell him if he doesn't stop, I'll take his music off and put on my music. We have some kids' music and Disney discs in the car, and that was what I was going to take off.


Well, he keeps acting wild and yelling, so I tell him I'm changing the music. I reach for what I think would be the most annoying music in the collection for a kid - which is my Metallica, Megadeth, and other similar music.



I flip in Rust in Peace and turn it to Tornado of Souls. Very fast, very loud, very good for driving really fast. I figure he won't like it.


He quiets down, and about a minute in, asks me to turn it...UP. He actually thought it was OK, and didn't want me to go back to the radio and poppy dance-y songs.


I did, though, turn it back to the kids' music, because he did stop yelling and acting crazy. It's funny, though, that he may like my music - at least, until he becomes a teenager and I become the dumbest person on the planet.

Next time, I'll use some sort of bubble gum pop music that is as bland as possible - though that might punish me more than anyone else.


Megadeth - Tornado Of Souls
by ziksoft

No comments: