Monday, December 22, 2008

Flying High

Holy crap. The Falcons are in the playoffs.

Now let's hope for locking up a #2 seed next week. Thanks to John Carney and swirling Meadowlands winds, it is now possible for the Falcons to clinch the division. A win next week against the Rams at the Georgia Dome, along with a loss by the Panthers to the Saints in New Orleans, would lokc it up along with a first-round bye.

It could happen.

And if it does, hopefully we can score some playoff tickets for January 10 or 11.

I don't think there should be any doubt that Mike Smith is Coach of the Year. Did anyone think this team would accomplish a damn thing last December when Petrino walked out? I sure didn't, I thought this would be a throwaway, wasted year with a rookie QB. I'm glad I was wrong.

No comments: