Thursday, May 04, 2006

Talking bulls?

An interesting thing happened today - I got to be a caller on a radio show.

Not a political one, for a change.

I got to call into RealMoney, a syndicated show hosted by Jim Cramer of TheStreet.com to ask a question regarding the recent slide in Microsoft's stock. It has dropped almost 20% in the last week based on revised earnings estimates and delays of VISTA and XBOX rollouts.

My opinion - the pullback might reverse itself, given the stock has been anchored around 28 for so long and it may revert to that once the initial worrisome news blows off, given it's still anticipating 12% growth.

Its price target may be as high as 35, so getting in at 23 or 23.4 would be a good 50% gain. So, it might be a good buy while it's down low at 23.

Of course, in contrast to my recent Big Oil post, you know what other companies popped up as the most likely quick-growth companies on popular screens?

Halliiburton and Nabors Industries (deep-sea oil driller) - both looking at possible doubles in the stock price. (HAL jumped $2 just today). And no, just because I'm critical of practices over the last several months doesn't mean I wouldn't buy it if I could.

Anyway, that's the interesting item and thought of the day, while I try to put off touching this pile of work on my desk.

No comments: