Monday, August 20, 2007

Welcome, thanks for coming by, now get out!

OK, it wasn't QUITE like that. Went to a new game last night, and got to meet and play with Kajagugu, Surflexus, and BrainMc in person for once.

We started with 11 among two tables, and toward the end of the first level (1500 to start, 10/20 blinds, I look down and find very nice looking rockets. I put in a small raise to 60, and get two calls, from the BB and one off the button. Flop is 9-4-3 with two diamonds (i don't have a diamond) but in thinking I am still good, I put out a small 100 bet. Surflexus calls in the BB, and the other player raises to 300.

Thinking that it's either a diamond draw or a pretty good pair (as the table had seen one showdown so far) I re-raise all in, thinking at worst I have to face nine outs twice.

After long consideration, I get a call, and get to see him flip up 4-3 offsuit. Yep, two pair, cracked on something I hadn't even remotely considered after raising it pre-flop.

OUCH.

No help comes, and I've become the first one bounced out. It happens sometimes. I've been hit with worse online........though not recently. After a couple more bust-outs, we started up a cash table which was a bit fun.

A little bit of online play helped today - thanks to several scoops in Omaha and Stud Hi/Lo grossing me about $10 today when I was not preparing for school tomorrow. Classes start in Brookhaven tomorrow afternoon, so the "vacation" is officially over. If you could call it that.

1 comment:

BrainMc said...

Thanks for coming out to play. Sorry you were bounced so early. Send me your email and I'll put you on the list for future games. You're always welcome.