Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Anxiety

Sammie's progress is more amazing every day.

This morning was one cute scene.

I dropped Alex off and he went to join his friends in the playground. All of his friends came over to greet him, and he got hugs from a bunch of the girls in class who were almost pushing him out of the way to hug him.

If this is still happening in ten or fifteen years, then I'll worry. For now, it's cute.

Next stop, the infant room. I gave Samantha to the teacher, and she looked at me and yelled. Not cried, but yelled, almost as if to say something like, "how DARE you do this to me!" We're starting to see more of the separation anxiety that every kid that age seems to have. It was cute, but of course you get sad when you see them holler.

It stopped fairly quickly, though. She is for the most part pretty even-tempered, unlike her old man, so we're blessed in that regard.

Hopefully she won't come home again with glitter on her - that seems to be happening a lot lately. There must be lots of parties in her classroom that we don't know about.

1 comment:

boxercab said...

Alex sounds like a little lady killer. :) I hate to see babies so upset like that. Poor thing. I'm sure she'll get more used to it. We're still not ready for kids right now, but it'll be soon.