Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Finally, something too scary

On Friday night, we were all watching TV together. Normally, we watch Animal Planet for Alex, but Kim was switching back and forth between that (which was pretty dull, even for a three-year old) and another program when I came in from putting Sammie to bed

For the first time, ever, Alex told us that he didn't like the show because it was too scary.

The show?

NY77: The Coolest Year in Hell.

He most certainly did not like these images of New York, compared to what he's seen in other shows and movies. So, I turned it off. It was interesting to think, though, about how much differently he was growing up, compared to being born right at that time. I'd say it's probably much better to be here than on Manhattan's East Side, though.

I'm just glad we haven't had a blackout with looting here with an infant - I don't think I've ever asked my parents about that whole spree. I was probably screaming my head off the whole time.

I did watch it in full last night, though, and it was definitely one of the better RockDocs shows I've seen.

No comments: