Sunday, April 29, 2007

Laying down ladies

Friday night, was playing live, did something I can't recall ever doing.

Playing a tourney, third level (last before re-buys). In late position, I look down and find pocket Queens. Of course, I raise it from the BB of 100 to 400.

Player next to me (who just made a major cash at the Bellagio last week) raises it up to 800.

Folded around to the one other remaining player, who raises another 1000. Very loose player, but not THIS loose.

It comes back to me, and I'm staring at a re-raise and a re-re-raise of my bet. I don't remember ever doing this, but I laid down the Queens pre-flop because I knew I was beat by the guy next to me, and may have been racing the other guy.


Good idea to fold; player next to me had A-A, loose player had K-K.

Bad result: first card out was another Queen.

I ended up having to leave soon after for a home emergency - everything's fine now, thankfully.

Well, time to go hit it - only 58 runners, we needed 63 for the WSOP. Sadness : (

UPDATE: Not a success - got busted by Katitude when I pushed in with A-Q (it was sooooted) to be met by her A-K unsuited. Got a flush draw on the flop, but no heart or Queen on the turn or river and bounced out in 29th. Next time, I need to find a really, really quiet place to play that doesn't have Alex shrieking in the background.



No comments: