Friday, April 06, 2007

Feeling Wanted

Last week, I wrote about how things had taken a bad turn at work.

In light of recent unpleasant developments regarding career growth, I decided to go ahead and build/re-build my profiles on Monster and LinkedIn (for which some of you may have seen separate notes from me for profile-building).

Well, one week in, and it's good to feel somewhat wanted. Already, I've got three 2nd interviews lined up - one for a credit officer position, one as a brokerage researcher/sales associate, and one as a consultant. All three are thankfully with very large firms (which I can't name right now but you would recognize immediately).

I've had headhunters calling and employers actually returning messages. It's been a long while since I've actually attempted a full-on job search, so it's good to know I still have cohesive thoughts in answering questions :)

Now I just have to close the deal with one of these companies - unless BOA steps up and delivers. My poker-playing isn't going well enough to the point that I can quit work entirely, though if I win one of the FTOPS IV events in May, I probably could. Doubtful, though.

In the meantime, hope for the best that one company works out.

One other interesting item that I just realized: Out of 73 Servicing & Implementation associates within BOA GCS, I now rank 14th in seniority within the department. Scary, huh?

No comments: