Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Heating Up

No, not the weather. It's still fricking cold outside for another day or two. Maybe BDJ can bring some warm weather up from Florida in time for the Dogwood Festival.

A few more phone calls yesterday and today, and it's becoming slightly more possible that I will be elsewhere very soon. I've now had a rival bank contact me as well about jumping to their company. Many of my co-workers have also left here to go to this bank, so it could be tempting, depending on what they say.

I've got in-person interviews on Friday (consulting) and Monday (risk/compliance), and possibly a couple more toward the end of next week relating to banking, brokerage, and corporate credit. It's starting to move really fast - guess those Monster, Facebook, and LinkedIn profile updates helped a lot.

Meanwhile, BoA decided to not even forward my name on for two internal positions which were almsot my current rank. Way to show the love, guys. Thanks.

It could be worse - I could be working for Citigroup and receive this news today.

It's not that I'm excited about this whole process - I'm actually not enjoying it. I'm more nervous than anything else, given my tenure here and the fact I haven't really done a job search in several years. Besides, things seem much different at 30 than they did at 23, both at work and in life. So, I guess it could be called anxiety, nervousness, excitement, or a combination of all three. I don't know. Maybe you've got a better way to phrase it than I do.

No comments: