Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gee, what a shock!

Hampton to miss 2007

This one was a mortal lock. See, there's a reason I barely mentioned him before the season, only as "scary" and didn't mention him at all in March.

Again, I will be very happy when the $15 million for 2007 and $15 million for 2008 comes off the books. Since 2003,

And unlike others, I still think Redman will be a decent option. I thought so in January, and I still think so.

I just wish we had that money back. At least Redman's making under a million.

Oh, and at least the Braves are in first at the moment, even if it is by a half-game. I do wonder, though, where all the Mets voices went after Braves wins on Saturday and Sunday...........I wonder.........

3 comments:

Jeff Briscoe said...

Yeah, I noticed a couple of our favorite blogs went dark over the weekend. Weird? It's never to early to poke fun at the Mets fans! I'm sure they'll be dishing it back before long, so we'll enjoy 1st place while we got it.

Have to give you credit on Hampton. You called this one. I tried to be an optimist but I give up. Memories of that guy mowing down everyone in 2000 are disappearing as we speak. Actually, that makes me feel a lot better!

As to the money, this is the best thing that could happen. If he goes under the knife again, insurance picks up part of the contract as it did last year. Then there may be some free cash for a replacement come June/July if we're still in contention.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I noticed a couple of our favorite blogs went dark over the weekend.

Yeah, it's this little thing called Easter. Generally I spend it with family eating lots of food rather than on blogs, but hey, priorities. Also, I wouldn't get too excited about winning the first three game series of the year between the teams. I still have a HIGH-larious email from first of the 2006 season.

That said, I have stated my belief that the Braves are a much more legit threat to the Mets than the Phils, as recent events have borne out. Losing Hampton is addition by subtraction.

APOSEC72 said...

Easter? Hadn't heard of it. Oh, well, aside from not posting Sunday either :)

It is definitely early.....but in the words of Meat Loaf, don't be sad, cause two out of three ain't bad.