Monday, October 09, 2006

Seclusion

I have never liked finals. I have never liked final projects.

But, that's what this weekend has been about. My first batch of finals is this week. A final exam on Wednesday night, and a presentation on Thursday night.

I've spent about 12 hours this weekend studying and trying to finish other projects for these two courses. Frankly, I'm hoping to get off to a better start in these classes that I did in my undergraduate career.

So, because I have actually been doing real work over the weekend, I haven't posted anything in a few days.

In the meantime, I present a picture from last weekend, when Alex and I went apple-picking. We went to an orchard up in Ellijay, and picked a couple of big bags of apples to bring home. TO my surprise, I can eat these apples - normally I have an allergic reaction to apples bought in the store, but normally to the pesticides and chemicals used. Since these are fresh, no bad reaction.

Sometimes, it's the little things that make you happy.

In Alex's case, it's about amassing a huge bounty of one of his favorite treats.

No comments: