Thursday, October 05, 2006

More surprises

Somehow, I don't think these are the October Surprises Karl Rove had in mind:

Congressman runs ad to apologize for Affair

This might be big, not for this individual house race, but because of its impact on the Santorum-Casey battle. If any more stay home Casey could pull out a win despite his flagging numbers lately.

Which means that not one, but both houses might flip. The House is almost certain to flip, but I'd thought the Senate would not quite change enough.

There's been enough news today (Kean moves further ahead, Steele in dead heat, bad news in MT and PA, economy, dead Al-Qaeda, oil, blah blah) to make me think that I have absolutely NO IDEA what will happen in the Senate. The GOP could lose 6 seats, they could gain 2. I have no idea. It's getting that wacky.

All I know is I won't be able to watch election returns because I will be in class. So I hope someone else does a good job of a running entry and updates.

No comments: