Monday, May 05, 2008

Stress Relief

After a grueling week last week, I headed to Skidoo's for a nice little bounty tournament.

Even though one of my finals was moved from Thursday night to Saturday afternoon, I decided I was still going to play, because it would help me to relax a little before the test and I didn't think I could cram any more formulas into my head.

It was one of the larger ones I've been to lately (though that hasn't been many) I did OK for a while, then popped up to being a big stack. I lost a lot when an ill-fated hammer play turned into a flush - which I had to lay down facing a re-raise from a full boat on the river.

Good thing I laid it down, as I eventually cashed out in 4th out of 18 for a profit of my buy-in and two bounties. At that point, though, it was time to go home. 3 AM is hard enough, even harder with a test the next day. Of course, if there were no test, I would have stuck around for a cash game, but in this case, it was time to go.

As for the test - well, it was manageable, but the problems I faced were because of the instructor's murkiness and not my lack of studying. I don't think I could have done any more to prepare.

My last presentation is tonight, and then I am FREE for a few months to get more than 4 hours sleep a night.

No comments: