Friday, May 09, 2008

Semester of Pi

America voted.....no, not those results.

The final grades are in for the hardest semester I've done in 10 years, and I managed a 3.14 GPA for the term. The last grade I was waiting for came in as an A-.

I'm a little disappointed, but at the same time it's pretty good considering how many other things have been going on the last three months (one job, then two, plus sicknesses and kids). I'm glad I can step back now and appreciate that it was a hell of a term to make it through and that I did so in fairly admirable fashion.

Before some of you say that anything under an A- is bad, let me point out that in two of my classes, students received D's. No grade inflation here in graduate school.

So, now we can take the summer to relax and focus a little more on other things in life. Being able to enjoy more than 4 hours of sleep a night is going to help immensely.

No comments: