Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Horny bastard

I consider my drive from home to work to be very relaxing.

I take back roads, through the Kennesaw Mountain area, and sometimes I get to see deer.

Every day, I drive past a farm which has goats, emus, llamas, horses, and geese. Really, I don't see how you can get upset when you see a llama.

I've had two strange wildlife encounters in the last week.

First, I was walking outside of my office, which is near McCollum Airport. While in the parking lot, three geese walked toward me in the parking lot and just...stared. I stared back for a minute, and then we all kept going on our way.

Second (and the inspiration for this title), I was driving back to work from home, after eating lunch and checking on the dog (who also has a tumor, but non-cancerous, in her hip). I made my turn by the farm, and I saw the goat, llama, and other animals as I normally do.

Except, this time, the goat was not standing in the field behind a fence.

It was standing half-on, half-off the road.

Being a slow-moving car, I wasn't too panicked about hitting it. I guess it had jumped the fence - I didn't see a hole in the fence and other animals outside the farm. I creeped forward slowly, and the goat moved off to the side so I could continue back to work.

No, I did NOT get out of the car and try to chase the goat back to where it belonged, or try to offer it food.

I did not go that way on the way back home at the end of the day, so I guess I will find out tomorrow if the goat is back where it belongs...or is still roaming free. I haven't seen anything on the news yet, since we had our 4,376th tornado of 2008 in Georgia tonight.

No comments: