Sunday, December 16, 2007

APBT2 Recap and Atlanta Drivers

Yesterday, Skidoo hosted a bunch of us local degenerates for a nice little game. Butch, Surflexus, Kajagugu, Surly Poker Gnome, and others whose links I don't have readily accessible or don't exist.

But first, the traffic story:

We finally went out to celebrate Samantha's 1-year birthday yesterday - just going out to dinner. We went to Orient Express, because we figured the kids would really enjoy the show, which they did. Alex was amazed when the chef lit the hibachi on fire, and everone loved their food.

I think we caught the place by surprise, though, when we brought in the cake and cupcakes so that Sammie could dig into it. She made a mess, but not nearly as bad as feared. It was almost...dainty.

Anyway, after we cleaned up (and got pushed out by the restaurant, since they wanted the table and there was a big mess from the cake) I headed north to the game. It was raining heavile, which means Atlanta drivers become even more retarded and go either 30 or 95 on the highway with nothing in between. I arrived right at 8, about 20 minutes later than planned, but thankfully a few other people were still en route so we hadn't started up yet.

It was going well, and I sat with an average sized stack with 9 left. BrainMc raised it to 700 (100/200 blinds). I see pocket jacks, and re-pop it to 2000. After a minute, he pushes back all-in, so it would be another 3600 to call.

I was misdirected by seeing him raise and push earlier with nada, and thought it might be the same thing. It was not, as he flipped up rockets which held up (so we know it wasn't a normal home game). I was crippled down to 900 and was out a couple hands later.

I was able to recoup some later on in a ring game, but it was a really bad idea for me to call that bet.

Upon getting home, Samantha has let me know she wasn't happy with me being out. She has been cuddling with me all night and all day and refusing to leave my side, which is really sweet. She's even tried to help type this post for me while we watch another Falcons blowout.

2 comments:

23skidoo said...

Thanks a bunch for coming. I hope to see you some more games in the future!

BrainMc said...

I'm glad you made it out. It's nice to know I was able to throw a couple of new moves on the ATL bloggers. Sorry I wasted those chips when I couldn't let my draws go in the hand against George.