Monday, December 10, 2007

50 First Dates in Atlanta

With no repetition at all!

50 Fun Things To Do In Atlanta

It's a bit of cheating, because within the links you might find several other items. However, I have not been to:

  • The Atlanta Ballet
  • A Falcons Game (but I have been to the Georgia Dome)
  • The Atlanta Opera (ok, so I'm not a culture snob...)
  • Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
  • Center for Puppetry Arts - but the rest of the family has been here, I think.
  • Chateau Elan - because I prefer to get drunk cheaply.
  • Georgia State Capitol - even though my classes are only a couple blocks away.
  • High Museum (I SAID, I'M NOT A CULTURE SNOB. I'M THE OPPOSITE.)
  • City Segway Tour - Only counts if you're counting wanting to knock them down with a baseball bat. Otherwise, no, and will NEVER happen.
  • Yellow River Game Ranch/Kangaroo Conservation Center - Because we need to preseve those native species of the South.....ern Hemisphere? Actually, this might be the next one we all visit.

So, 40 out of 50. I don't think they do a lot of sites justice by lumping them together.

One example - the "Find Theater At Its Best" link lumps together a bunch of theaters which wildly vary in size. Dad's Garage is slightly different than the Fox Theatre.

Ditto on "Festivals Galore" - several deserve their own links and descriptions - Dogwood Festival is the best example of one festival that could use its own link.

Same goes for the Civil War Links - I don't think any further explanation is needed.

I don't think including shopping is really something great about Atlanta. Woo-hoo, a fancy mall! Malls and discount tickets are not what make a city great.

Of course, this post was written mostly because I've gone into brain lock on my take-home exam at 1 in the morning.

1 comment:

kurokitty said...

The Yellow River Game Ranch is interesting. You should go during Groundhog Day!