Tuesday, December 11, 2007

All done

I finished my finals at approximately 8:40 PM tonight.

My first final finished at 6:36 PM. At least, I think it was 6:36 PM. That's what the time-stamp on my e-mail to my professor says.

Unfortunately, I was still at home at 6:36 PM. My second final began at 7:15, by Oglethorpe, 23 miles away.

I still had trouble writing after getting up today. I don't know why I had so much trouble putting all my thoughts together for this first final exam. I didn't have nearly this much trouble with the mid-term - same format and everything, and I had no trouble.

Finally, I got it done - seven pages later. I put together my links, and my evaluation, and sent it off along with my final.

I had hoped to get in another hour for the Accounting final, but it didn't happen. So, I don't think I did as well as I'd hoped on the second final. I got there at 7:20, so Atlanta traffic was nice to me for once. Perhaps I would have been able to study more if I hadn't been knocked out by a quick bug that knocked me out for about 24 hours - Sammie brought it home, and I got it, and now it's flying around the house.

If I end up with an A- in both classes, I'll be quite happy. It took a lot of work over the last week, but I feel decent about all of my exams. I might end up with a 3.5 or 3.6, or as low as a 3.1. I really don't know, and won't know for another 11 days. Dammit.

However, I shudder to think about how badly I would have performed on those exams if I had been with about 110 of my fellow degenerates in Vegas this past weekend. Just starting to read the trip reports makes me a little jealous for not being there. Not too jealous, but a little jealous.

I guess I'll have to wait until June. Besides, I like it a bit warmer anyway. Hopefully I'll have some miles or points back to make it possible.

2 comments:

KajaPoker said...

Are you coming to play at Skidoo's this Saturday in the APBTII?

APOSEC72 said...

I think so. It's late enough that it might work out. We're doing a belated one-year birthday bash earlier in the day, but we're not exactly sure when in the day it will be.