Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Getting back to normal...not in a good way

Man killed, teen wounded in Lower 9th Ward

These stories are getting too damn common again. It's getting to the point now where even I'm starting to worry about all of us heading down there soon, even if it is only for three days.

And if I'm getting worried about it at this point...........that's not good.

Perhaps now is NOT the time to start having Guardsmen leave the city. I don't know what Warren Riley is thinking to say that it is getting better and more under control with regards to crime. I guess only having 2-3 people killed per day is perfectly acceptable.

Why do I have a strange feeling Greensburg, KS will recover quicker now than New Orleans?

It boils down again to a lack of leadership, which still is lacking and may never get fixed. If folks didn't have enough brains to get rid of Nagin and his cronies when they had the chance, then what do you expect?

Perhaps I will feel better about things after next week, but right now, I'm just not feeling it. It's still a glacial pace and a long way to go. I guess I'd hoped that by now there'd be enough of an impetus to make a lot more progress, but it just doesn't feel that way.

No comments: