Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Almost no turning back

I got a bit of good news yesterday.

Apparently, I managed to appear halfway competent through first and second interviews, and have been scheduled for a final interview for a position within the Bank to take place Monday morning.

It's a big step up for me, if I can secure it. Hopefully, I will not screw it up too badly. It'll be a lot more research-intensive and travel-intensive, with up to 40-50% in DC and NYC and nowhere else.

Unfortunately, this is where one point of our personnel policy is a bit troublesome. If you are interviewing for another position within the company, you are required to inform your manager before the final interview takes place, so that references and performance can be checked and verified. It's not the case for external positions, only internal ones.

I got the callback for the final interview yesterday, so that meant I got the pleasure of telling my boss this morning about the other opportunity I was pursuing within the bank. Thankfully, it was taken very well - not in a thank-God-you're-leaving way but a good-luck-with-it-hoping-for-the-best way.

Of course, should an offer arise from another party, that will be a whole different story altogether.

But at least it's now known I'm serious about pursuing something else. I just hopes this ends in a better manner than other pursuits lately (even if this search is still only six weeks old.)

Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I'm sure you'll kick ass.