Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cajun Car Ride

Well, come on ev'rybody
Take a trip with me
Well, down the Mississippi
Down to New Orleans
They got the honeysuckle bloomin
On the honeysuckle vine
And a-love is a-bloomin there
All-a the time
You know ev'ry Southern Belle
Is a Mississippi Queen
Down the Mississippi
Down in New Orleans
Well, come on take a stroll
Down to Basin Street
Yeah, listen to the music
With the Dixieland beat
A-where the magnolia blossoms
Fill the Air
Yeah, You ain't been to heaven
Till you been down there

Well, it's almost time to pack up and head out on the road.





Just in the last hour or so, I've gotten a bit more excited about heading out.



Thankfully, I do not have much more to do at work. Hopefully, I can finish mowing and packing and get to sleep at a decent hour so that an early departure is possible.




I'm hoping to arrive at the Hilton/Harrah's in the late afternoon and play in a satellite tomorrow night to win my way into the Circuit event beginning Friday afternoon.


If not, well, I can always do like last year and rip up the cash tables. Hopefully, I can pocket 7 BB's per hour again like I did last year.




Beyond that, not quite sure. A ferry tour and an aquarium visit are in store at some point, and possibly a visit to Tipitina's if I cash very strongly - because, well, you don't get many chances to see Fats Domino anymore.




I'll probably post during the weekend, in between hands, trips, and other debauchery. We'll see. But if I happen to run into anyone who you would recognize, I'm sure there will be something here.

In the meantime....stay classy.

No comments: