Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Time to contact Congress...

to get your representative to vote against House Resolution 4411 - "to prevent the use of certain payment instruments, credit cards, and fund transfers for unlawful Internet gambling, and for other purposes".

US House seen approving Internet gambling ban

It must be a weird day. I'm agreeing with Barney Frank on libertarian grounds.

There aren't more important things to do? Perhaps trimming spending in Appropriations & Ways & Means, or voting on some of the twenty-four District & Appeals Court nominees in the Senate. But no. They have to pander.

Show your support by clicking through here, by forwarding on, etc.

And yes, because my representative is a co-sponsor of this movement, I will not be voting for Phil Gingrey in November. Count me out.

UPDATE: It passed the House. Count me into the blue column in November, along with a lot of other folks.

UPDATE #2: To the staffer from Rep. Gingrey's office who found this post - could you please take me off the automated recordings y'all will be sending out? I'm getting too many for other candidates already.

Oh, and in the future, a reply is nice when someone sends an inquiry, especially when six months have gone by.

/end soapbox

No comments: