Monday, July 31, 2006

Nothing Doing

No Andruw Jones deal.

No Maddux deal, either.

As a matter of fact, no Braves deals at all. No moves to address the rotation, whose wheels have come off the last two series. No moves to add prospects or add players who can help win now. No moves to cut dead weight, such as Jorge Sosa (designated for assignment) or Adam LaRoche (continuous loafer) or Marcus Giles (5M next season).

Nothing good right now. I really thought there would be at least one, maybe two, moves today to either really go for it or get more prospects/shed salary.

I don't know if they did enough. They did something in shoring up the pen, but I don't know if it's enough. They may be able to make a waivers-deal, so who knows.

Only thing I know is they need to take all three from Pittsburgh and at least two from Cincinnati to stop this slide. They do that, and they are right back in the thick of the wild-card race.

And as for the Mets picking up their own bullpen help? I think I'd prefer Baez and Wickman the Linebrink and the six-figured man. It doesn't matter too much for them anyway, aside from clearing a spot for Milledge - they'll be on cruise control for the next two months anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'd prefer Baez and Wickman the Linebrink and the six-figured man

Umm, what exactly was it you were tyring to type here? I assume that you meant to write "than" not "the" and fingered, not "figured." Even so, as TSL already pointed out, you're thinking of the wrong guy. And if you actually would prefer Danys "4.5 ERA and I couldn't even hold the closers job in Tampa OR Los Angeles" Baez, you go right ahead.

APOSEC72 said...

Yep. My bad. Apparently I lost the ability to type a coherent sentence yesterday afternoon.

As is, I don't know if picking up bullpen help from Pittsburgh is really the way to go. It would have made more sense if there was a flip trade to add Linebrink. I thought that was a done deal when I left work - apparently I missed something.

Anonymous said...

Forex Trading