Monday, July 24, 2006

Out of Action

I did something really stupid over the weekend.

While trimming the shrubs, bushes, etc., I did a lot of lunging from the top of the ladder to cut the tops of the branches, to make them a bit more presentable.

Predictably, my back started barking at me quite loudly. So I've spent most of the rest of the weekend lying very still and watching TV, and most of today trying not to move around very much while cursing the fact that I forgot to take any pain pills this morning.

Anyway, hopefully this will recede within a couple of days and I'll be back to normal. Just another sign that I'm getting too old for comfort.

Damn shrubbery.

2 comments:

TSL said...

I read those first two paragraphs and thought for sure you fell off of the ladder or the roof or something like that.

Would have made for a better story, just saying...

Paul Zummo said...

At least he didn;t fall through a ceiling this time.