Sunday, April 23, 2006

For it's one, two, three bucks a gallon at the old gas pump

I can't tell you how fun it was to get the privilege of paying $3.08/gallon for gasoline.

Oh yeah, watching those numbers run up like I just hit a slot machine in Vegas.

Woo hoo!

It's now receded to 2.95 right down the street. I did see it up around 3.25 in the Keys so there's still some geographic discrepancies. Don't want o even think about what it is in the Northeast right now.

I'm just glad we rented a full-size vehicle that got good gas mileage instead of the gas-guzzling evil-demon SUV that they tried to push on us. Even more glad to be back in my car getting over 30 mpg.

Of course, while on vacation, I didn't have the luxury of clicking here to see the cheapest gas prices (which I try to check and post to myself on a semi-regular basis.

I'll hold off on a rant about gas companies' gouging over the last two years for later, as I'm fairly tired and I'm having trouble putting together a cognizant point of view.

I'll also wait until later to link to any pictures, but here's one highlight: We ended up swimming in the Gulf of Mexico with wild dolphins AND a nurse shark. Pictures to come as soon as they are developed.

Quite a bit of fun for all involved.

This concludes our occasional eco-post.

No comments: