Thursday, April 27, 2006

A done deal

Well, my application is now complete for Business School. Just two steps remain - upload my personal statements, and transmit to GSU.

It was a long day. Went to Emory to FINALLY get my transcripts, so that I could show GSU how lousy a student I was. I got my medical information, filled out my residency information.

And, as mentioned before, I finally sat down for the GMAT, at 1:15 this afternoon.

I think I knocked out the essay sections quite well, but I will not have the results on those for another three weeks.

I did not do as well on the verbal section as I had hoped. However, I did amazingly well on the Math/Quantitative section, scoring in the 82nd percentile.

Georgia State has publicized that the average accepted applicant has a GMAT score of 620.

As it turns out, that is exactly what I got.

I finished early enough to go to the new development across the street (where I used to live), had a celebratory cocktail or two at Cheeseburgers in Paradise, and watch Jim Rome & Around the Horn.

I'm glad the application process is now over, but now comes the anxiety where I wait to find out - is it all enough?

2 comments:

TSL said...

Well, congrats officially on the 620 (and also HA HA HA 660, baby!). You will make it into GSU will absolutely no sweat. Heck, why not try and apply to Emory anyway? You never know, it's a pretty prestigious school.

Meanwhile, up here, we're celebrating that the St. John's Tobin School of Business is up to 347 overall in US News & World Report. 347 baby! My 4.0 is going to get me that job at McDonald's afterall!

APOSEC72 said...

620, without taking that class. I consider that $600 well saved.

Especially since a bit of it went into Nokia 3 points ago.

There is no WAY I would apply to Emory. I just got out of hock to them. No intents on going back. I've told their alumni people to never call me again to boot.

Of course, Kennesaw or UGA could be an option as well. GSU is the most convenient to work, though. And, for the record, it's ranked #7 - hence my remaining worry. My score would be enough for KSU or UGA, not not so sure about GSU.

At this point, just putting it in and hoping for the best.