Tuesday, March 14, 2006

That's an odd bracket....

So I get the brackets and I'm filling them out. I finish it, and something just seems, well, wrong. I don't know why at first, but then it hits me:

I've picked the same bracket as everyone else. At least, everyone on ESPN or FOX. I had almost no upsets, 3 #1 seeds making the Final Four - blech.

That just didn't seem right to me. So I re-did it. I feel much better now.

1st-round upsets: Iona over LSU, So. Illinois, over West Virginia, Kent St. over Pittsburgh in a 12-5 special, San Diego St. over Indiana, Utah St. over Washington (another 12-5), George Mason over Michigan State, Northern Iowa over Georgetown, UW-Milwaukee over Oklahoma, and Pacific over BC. (13-4).

(Sorry that I can't include Albany over UConn here.)

Early exits: Iowa, Tennessee, Villanova, and UCLA (round 2), Memphis and Florida (sweet 16).

D. C. Regional: UConn over UNC
Minneapolis: Arizona over Ohio State
Atlanta: Duke over Texas
Oakland: Kansas over Gonzaga

Championship: Rock, chalk, Jayhawk. Kansas over Connecticut.

2 comments:

Paul Zummo said...

Arizona and Kansas in the final four?

George Mason over Michigan State?

You probably should have stuck with the original bracket.

APOSEC72 said...

And 3 #1's? No thanks. That's about as bad a proposition.