Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Shuffling a Card

White House Chief-of-Staff....Out: Andy Card. In: Josh Bolten.

I don't think this really is the "shakeup" that some of us wanted to see. Having someone from your inner circle step down, to be replaced by someone else from that inner circle, doesn't exactly make me think there's much of an effort to bring in new blood, new faces, new ideas.

Not to mention I'm not really sold on bringing in someone from OMB who hasn't seemed to worried about runaway spending, given his former position as WH Budget Director for the last three years combined with our disapproval of runaway spending. Not a good precedent.

Guess we have to wait and see on this one - I'll still give the benefit of the doubt but given previous missteps by this administration I'm still wary. Is this the "fresh blood" that will make a difference?

No comments: