Monday, February 18, 2008

Travel Agent Duties

I think I posted the WSOP schedule previously, but if I didn't, here it is again.

Last week, in the mail, we got an offer for two free weeknights at one of Harrah's Las Vegas properties. One of the valid ranges was from June 1 to August 31.....which just happens to surround the WSOP timeframe.

So, if I happen to win a package this year (and I will aggressively try to do so this year, aside from half-assed attempts of previous years), what might look attractive? If I managed to win one of those 2K packages on Full Tilt, Stars, or elsewhere, what might be feasible?

Well, there's...

Event 6, Omaha 8/b limit, Tuesday June 3 at 5 PM
Event 7, NL Hold 'Em, Wednesday June 4 at 12 PM
Event 9, 6-max NL Hold 'Em, Thursday June 5 at 12 PM
Event 17, NL Hold 'Em Shootout, Monday Jun 9 at 12 PM
Event 19, PL Omaha, Tuesday June 10 at 12 PM
Event 32, NL Hold 'Em, Tuesday June 17 at 12 PM
Event 35, Seven-Card Stud, Wednesday June 18 at 5 PM
Event 36, NL Hold 'Em, Thursday June 19 at 12 PM
Event 43, PL Omaha 8/b, Tuesday June 24 at 12 PM
Event 47, Seven Card Stud 8/b, Thursday June 26 at 5 PM
Event 52, NL Hold 'Em, Monday June 30 at 12 PM

Everyone of these has a buy-in of 2000 or less - normally 1500. A package would cover the buy-in and one or two plane tickets.

So there are possibilities. Knowing myself, though, I won't want to go too crazy trying to do this, as there are enough other things I should be concentrating on, even though it would be intriguing if it could be entirely freerolled.

Too bad I used my miles already. If we did, I know Alex would like Mandalay's shark tank, the Mirage's pirate show, and the flamingos at....the Flamingo.

No comments: