Thursday, February 21, 2008

Emerge Stronger

n-n-now-th-that don't kill me
Can only make me stronger
I need you to hurry up now
Cause I can't wait much longer
I know I got to be right now
Cause I can't get much wronger
Man I been waitin' all night now
That's how long I've been on ya


Eight months after everything got turned completely upside down, we have turned right side up.

I signed all of my papers today, and will be starting a new full-time job in one week, eight months to the day after I got released.

I can't say here what it is, but it's got a lot of good qualities:

It's in Cobb County, so no downtown commute. Reverse commute, and with 15 minutes of home and church/school (when that applies next year)

It's using both my customer service experience, my corporate relationship experience, and my IT experience.

Good benefits, and flexible with classes, especially this semester.

Also flexible with regards to the tax office, where I will now be working weekends.

Nice people, but well-known publicly-traded company.

Lastly, it's not a bank, so there is opportunity for growth.

Last time, I was hesitant to post even when it was 90% sure, and sure enough the 10% came back to bite me. This time, I know I'm starting, and after signing off on everything today I finally felt some relief after the last several months of depressing insanity.

Thanks again to everyone who listened to me gripe, whine, mope, or sulk. God willing, this can be the beginning of really putting life back together and that I can actually come out of this whole experience stronger than I was before.

2008 is getting off to a good start!

1 comment: