Saturday, February 09, 2008

Abstinence

No, I did not give up blogging for Lent.

I just haven't had much of a chance to write anything. It's actually been a busy week. I was working at the precinct poll Monday and Tuesday, the tax office the past three days, and going to classes every night except tonight. I also had two projects due this week, which kept me working even at home.

Beyond that, I've been sleeping. I've been absolutely bushed all week and I'm hoping to catch up quite a bit this weekend.

We went to mass on Wednesday morning, like good little Catholics. Before work, we went to the 7 AM (!!!) service - all four of us, which gave Alex an interesting story to tell at school.

Last year, I think I gave up fast food, or snacks, I can't quite recall. I decided to go old-school this time, and give up alcohol for Lent. I don't drink very often, but it's still something to give up and something I like/enjoy.

Unwittingly, I've also been doing a soft-fast every day so far in Lent, meaning one full meal per day with only light snacks the remainder of the day. I objectively did it on Wednesday, as supposed to, but it just happened yesterday and today thanks to work. I didn't really think about it, but perhaps it's something I'll continue.

Today's one meal was stuffed crab and garlic shrimp with whole grain rice - no meat, fish/seafood only.

If nothing else, perhaps I'll lose some weight if it continues all the way to Easter.

No comments: