Thursday, February 14, 2008

One furry creature at a time in the house please

I ended up with a day off today, due to Alex having pinkeye early yesterday. He was able to return to school this morning as he'd been on eye drops for 24 hours, and I've been taking the time today to do house chores.

I'd been working in the dining room, trying to set up for a nice dinner tonight. Since it's warmed up a bit, I had the back door wide open so Maggie could go in and out as she pleased, being a dog pushing ninety.

I was in the laundry room starting a load up, when Maggie started barking loudly and wildly. She doesn't do that too much anymore, so I came out to see a little, bushy tail running out of the house.

Our house attracts lots of birds and squirrels. I had a bowl of Halloween candy (because Alex doesn't eat very much of it) on the Halloween table and I guess the squirrel decided to come in after it.

I don't know if it made off with a Twizzler of Twix or Snickers or anything. I'm sure it'll have a story to tell the other animals...



"I just couldn't TAKE IT any more...all that candy was just sitting right there! I had to get it! I ran and ran and got in and then I saw this horrifying creature! I've never been so scared - big, ferocious teeth, ready to squash me, with rain coming from its mouth! I can't believe I'm alive!!!!!!!"

And the other squirrels are teasing him like he just saw a UFO.

Too bad none of us got a picture.

No comments: