Monday, March 19, 2007

Not your normal St. Patrick's Day

Normally, it is a day for massive celebrating, drunkenness, and frivolity.

So, of course, I absolutely blew it out on Saturday - by going to the DMV and IKEA.

I am such a party animal. At least I got in and out of the DMV in 20 minutes - which was a nice belated birthday present.

Of course, the rest of my time was spent watching basketball. I'm a but stunned by the results - there really isn't one team left you could term a Cinderella, such as a George Mason, Valpo, Xavier, and so on.

I mean, I don't ever recall seeing this many high seeds left:

Midwest: 1, 3, 4, 7
East: 1, 2, 5, 6
South: 1, 2, 3, 5
West: 1, 2, 3, 4

Only one #2 seed is gone - and of course, I had picked them for the Elite Eight. Seriously, can anyone remember a time when no one above a 7 remained?

Taking the chalk all the way might have been the best idea after all!

No comments: