Monday, March 05, 2007

Hot Streak


I started a streak with a MTT on Wednesday by cashing in a $5 event, and then winning the Mookie 2nd chance Thursday.

Over the weekend, I kept it going as well.

On Friday, I played in another tourney and cashed again, with a small profit, finishing 61st out of 1052. On Sunday, I played in a $1 re-buy and finished 49th out of 951 players.

Late Saturday and Sunday morning (while SNL was on and afterwards, with everyone else fast asleep after a fun birthday), I had the big moment of the streak. Playing in a $5 MTT with 321 players, I managed to outlast the other 320 players and take home a tourney win and my biggest purse to date.

Of course, I'm a bit psyched.

The streak did end yesterday with a loss in a HORSE satellite tournament (placing 20 out of 24), but the run allowed a increase of approximately 900% and I'll definitely take cashing every 5 out of 6 tournaments!

It seems to be a much safer option than stocks at the moment, given Asian volatility and the resulting corrections in American stock markets (now reaching a 5% drop since Tuesday).

I'd rather worry about +EV than P/E. At least at a poker table, I don't have to worry about the carry trade and currency manipulations.

Thursday, the inspector came out to look at the house, so if nothing else, this streak means being able to finally fix some things that need fixing, and none too soon before April comes and it starts raining every other day.

No comments: