Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Boo-yah!

I wrote before the series that Miami would win in 6 games.

The gloating commenced a few minutes ago with a 95-92 Miami win, closing the series out in 6 games. I hope you had money on it. If so, I want a cut of it.

Hopefully this means Gary Payton, Antoine Walker, and Alonzo Mourning will finally walk away, just as Bettis did after the Super Bowl. Payton and Mourning have had long careers, and I've been sick of Walker for a long time.

Shaq gets another ring before Kobe. Nice.

Wade gets a ring before LeBron. But I think LeBron will end up with more when it's all said and done. All I know is it will be a lot of fun watching so much young talent around the league instead of a bunch of shove-them-around, win-ugly games.

I don't quite understand why Terry took the last shot, but he did have a decent look on the final 3-point shot with Dirk double-teamed.

A great final game to cap a great playoff season.

But don't worry - the NBA draft is next week. The cycle never ends.

3 comments:

Jeff Briscoe said...

Just think, Francase, if you put all that poker and craps money on your pick of Miami in 6....you'd be screaming Boo-yah as loud as Cramer himself right now.

But I'm guessing that thought has already crossed your mind!

What a great NBA playoffs is right. I guess Florida is now officially the home state of baseketball champions in addition to long being the home of shuffleboard champs naturally!

Walker has always been a loser until this year. Remember the Hawks 1/2 season? And that's how they lost Terry actually. Odd. But anyway you have to give him props for tonight. He was great.

Paul Zummo said...

Good. Now I can go back to not caring about basketball without it taking time on SportsCenter. Ahh, a couple of free months with nothing except baseball. Good times.

Oh, sorry, maybe it's not as nice for some of you.

APOSEC72 said...

If I had spent the full series in a sports book......wow. That's a bit rough.

And it's not just baseball - only a couple weeks until NFL training camp. Thankfully.