Saturday, May 16, 2009

Relaxed movie night

Well, we had a nice movie night, for two reasons.

1) We watched Devil Wears Prada. Yes, I found it funny. It had some amusing parts. Stanley Tucci really enjoyed doing this movie. Kim really liked it. I found it funny and tolerable. Not sure I'd watch it again, but fairly decent on celluloid.

2) Oh, yeah, I also started turning things around on Full Tilt. Yay for forum events! Even if it is a small buyin, it's nice to win SOMETHING after bombing in tournaments and bloggerments all week.

Full Tilt Poker Tournament #89421371
HoldemPokerChat NL Hold'em
Buy-In: $3.00 + $0.50
26 players
Total Prize Pool: $103.00

Dear APOSEC72,
You finished the tournament in 1st place.

So, between this, winning a HORSE tournament with 260 people, and winning 3 buyins on Stars NLHE tables, this has actually been a pretty good week.

Maybe it has to do with less stress and more time. I actually managed to knock out a BIG work item just after putting the kids to bed. I still have work stuff to do tomorrow with launching a new app at work, so tomorrow is when I activate a lot of the features, but the fact that I have only work to worry about is a lot more...relaxing?

I am going to the local country club on Friday, as a couple of us are being taken to lunch there by upper management for completing MBA's. It'll be a nice way to head into the holiday weekend.

I need to watch out - I'm in danger of being in a good mood for more than a couple of days. This just can...not...happen....under normal circumstances.

Then again, after three years of constant tumult, perhaps I forgot what normal circumstances are actually supposed to be.

No comments: