Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Check up

NO, I did not fall off the face of the earth.

It sure seemed that way, though.

I finished up my final final exam on Thursday night, but couldn't really relax yet because I was not sure if I did well enough on my last two finale exams.

On Friday, I had a long talk with some folks at work, where it became readily apparent that I needed to get some things done which had been pending for too long. Mostly, this was due to my own actions, not anything else. I'd focused much more on studying and papers and not so much on projects that needed to get done at work.

As a result, this weekend was spent much like the past fifteen weekend have been spent - lots of work, up late, stressed, rushing to meet a deadline.

Thankfully, I've gotten my main project back on track, and as of tomorrow I will hopefully be cleared to move ahead with rollout in the next phase.

So, finally, I have begun to feel somewhat calmer and relaxed. It's been good to be home to read to the kids and tuck them into bed, and it's been good to be able to not have to run around, completely batshit crazy.

Heck, I've even gotten to play a little poker with a clear mind. I'd planned on playing more blogger events when classes were over, and on Monday I got to play Riverchasers, cashing in 7th place and putting me 11th on the leaderboard after three events.

Tonight, I get to play the Mookie for the first time all year. Let's see if I can start punching a ticket for Vegas with a win tonight.

No comments: