Thursday, March 27, 2008

Culture Shock

Do you think you've had a rough time explaining things sometimes?

Well, try to top this.

Sammie was not feeling well, and I did not have enough time to get both kids ready, take her to the doctor, and be in the office for an 8:30 conference call and a 10:00 conference call, especially b/c the doctor doesn't open until 8:30. (She's fine, she conked her head by falling out of bed, but she was fine with some rest and TLC.)

So, I got them up, fixed some food, flipped on the television, and did a remote connection into work so I could do the conference call at home with a virtual connection. It was for myself, one other person in Atlanta and two people in Hong Kong (one transplanted American, and one Hong Kong native.)

I put on kids' shows and one of their favorites lately has been Oswald, on Noggin. It is a very, very, very slow show, and I can't stand it, but the kids like it and quiet was most important.

However, Alex came right up to me to tell me about the show, and that got heard throughout the call.

Having to explain a cartoon about a blue octopus and his pet hot dog to people on the other side of the planet in ten seconds is probably going to be my most unique experience of the day.

1 comment:

KajaPoker said...

Backyardigans are the best!