Tuesday, March 25, 2008

BoDonkey Donkey

There is a big difference between pushing with a big ace and calling off half your stack with a medium ace.

Yeah, I know, it was suited, yada yada......STFU.

Thus endeth a tilty day overall.

UTG in the BoDonkey, I have A-Q with a stack of 4425, and blinds at 200/400/50. I push - I'm short with M=4 and even if called, I'm worried about only 3 hands.

I get called by another dropping stack right behind me, around 5600.

I flip up A-Q, and ICrushBloggers (fitting) flips up A-10 clubs. I'm nicely ahead. Surprised at a call in that case - what is A-10 ahead of that would push like that pre-flop? 9's? 8's? A raggy ace won't push, neither will a small pair.

Terrible decision to call.

Until the flop brings out three clubs for a flopped flush and I'm gone in 19th out of 52 and feeling CRANKY.

Yuck.

At least I aced my quiz earlier tonight and my paper for tomorrow is knocked out.

No comments: