Friday, June 01, 2007

How to get tens of thousands of degenerates together.....

Today is June 1.

It is the first day of the WSOP, and the first of 55 events are kicking off.

Want to keep up with offbeat news from Sin City over the next two months? Add Tao of Poker to your feeds and experience two months straight in Vegas without the hangovers or easy vices.

I'm not there....I'm still in Atlanta and have no plans to go anywhere for a while since I haven't qualified for any WSOP events (and probably won't since I don't see myself freerolling in, and I'm not planning to reload, either).

I might play live tonight, but I'm not too sure about it. Tomorrow is an all-day meeting, as well as the final CardPlayer qualifier for the Aruba Poker Classic so I may decide sleep is more important.

I qualified about a month ago for the final on Absolute Poker so that will take place tomorrow at 2:00. The qualifiers for this tournament were limited to just CardPlayer folk, so there's only 53 people in the final tomorrow. Top 9 cash, and 1st gets a nice package for the live tournament in Aruba which is also a WPT event.

Of course, if that were to happen, I'd have to reconsider my plan to not do any travel for a while. With most if not all expenses paid, I could be easily swayed.

No comments: