Monday, June 04, 2007

The travel ban is still in effect

Well, it didn't quite go as I'd hoped this weekend on the felt. I finished 27th out of 54 in the Aruba qualifier when I pushed short-stacked with K-Q....and got called by pocket Aces. At least I made it to the top half and, in the end, it was free.

I did go to the live game Friday night, and after playing well through the monkey hour of rebuys, I busted about 10 minutes into the freezeout period where I didn't trust my instincts and ran A-10 suited hearts (yeah, I know, terrible call) into a pretty good players who I had on a push with not much.......until he flopped over pocket Kings. I hit the ten on the flop, but couldn't get another ten or ace and I bombed out. Terrible, terrible play by me, because I ignored my first (and as it turns out, correct) instincts and calculations of what he could have - if I'd done it correctly, I would have folded it, but I ignored it, made a bad decision, and got my stack decimated.

Ouch. At least all I was out was the buyin and add-on - it could have been worse had I forked over rebuy(s) as well.

No comments: